Last week was a rough one for me emotionally so I decided that my weekend would be one of healing and being intentional about finding my joy. As a result several things came to me through meetings, appointments, conversations with friends and watching television that gave me all of the answers that I needed.
Twelve nuggets of wisdom came out of this weekend for me and I want to share them with you in hopes that one or more will speak to something that you are going through and help to keep you inspired throughout this week. I’ll simply list them and you can interpret or use them as you wish...
- I MUST be intentional about strongly centering myself EVERYday so that no one or nothing can knock me off balance.
- I must see things and people for what and who they are.
- I need to walk away from things and people that pollute my life.
- I must learn to control my emotions so they won’t control me.
- I can conquer any fears through constant gratitude and acts of courage.
- I must not be afraid to ask for what I want.
- My life is shaped by the story that I tell myself about myself.
- I must first clearly identify what it is that I want, then I must create a plan to attain that thing, and I must execute that plan PERSISTENTLY.
- When you let go of things that aren’t working for you, you make room for better things to come into your life…but as long as you hold on…there is no room.
- Everyone holds a particular place and serves a particular purpose in your life. When you give people more weight or energy than they are meant to have in your life, it will stress you out…so stop.
- Problems are the world’s biggest addiction. They give us an excuse to be fearful. Try to figure out what TRULY makes you happy without connecting it to a wound or a negative experience.
- It’s up to ME to do what I need to do to make ME happy. I can’t depend on anyone else for that or blame them for my lack of happiness.
I must give credit to those who inspired the break through that I had this weekend: Tony Robbins, Oprah Winfrey, Chris Lee, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Monike Welch, Napoleon Hill, Shamyle Nesfield, and Robert Powell… Thank you all!